SHOP IN MY ETSY STORE!



If you don't see the size you want, e-mail me!
info@blackbirdcenter.com


FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM@ melodysmithsart


www.facebook.com/urbanartbymelodysmith

Friday, March 4, 2011

Selected for the Art exhibition for the ASU Sinfonietta's The Art of War

I was selected from a group of Artists in Arizona to participate in the the art exhibition for the ASU Sinfonietta's The Art of War on April 20th, 2011, beginning at 6:30pm (concert 7:30pm) This is such an interesting Art Show and an honor to be selected. A new piece of art must be created that goes with one of the pieces performed by the symphony that night. This will be very challenging but as an artist I accept that challenge and will no doubt lose sleep over this. I was sent links to the music and I have not selected my piece yet but will by the end of the weekend. Luckily, my musician husband has performed many of the pieces so he is quite helpful. This will require some research as well but again - I can't grow as an artist unless I am challenged! Here are the pieces I have to choose from! Wish me luck! I will keep you posted!
Wagner: Valkyries; Vorspiel (prelude to act 1) and Ride of the Valkyries 
Liszt: Hunnenschlacht (Battle of the Huns) audio file in 2 parts 
Schuman: Prayer in Time of War  
Tchaikovsky: 1812 Overture audio file in 2 parts 

4 comments:

  1. Very cool. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Melody! You deserve it and will rise to the occasion as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your painting will be fabulous. Good luck and congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete