SHOP IN MY ETSY STORE!



If you don't see the size you want, e-mail me!
info@blackbirdcenter.com


FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM@ melodysmithsart


www.facebook.com/urbanartbymelodysmith

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Art Of War - April 20th 2011 Symphony & Exhibit

Finally - the show was last night and it was so much fun!
The symphony was spectacular and the art was so amazing. I received a lot of good feedback and had some great friends and my awesome family there with me. I made some new friends too so it was really an honor to be part of that amazing event. It was great to see so many different styles of art and interpretations of the pieces performed.

Here is the Piece I Chose: "Prayer in Time of War" $425 - In Honor of William Schuman - 24x36x2.75 Acrylic on box canvas - I chose this piece to really illustrate the emotional side of war which was what was intended by Schuman.  I wanted to capture the intense emotions that  accompany such anguish and devastation. As a mom, I could not even
comprehend the fact that children were separated from their parents. The broken hearts represent the innocent lives lost and the dark forest represents the aftermath.
I chose to paint this mostly in black and white - void of color to portray emptiness.  Words of emotion wrap the  canvas on all sides. The painting has sold.

 reprints available at:








1 comment: